baked camembert with pear compote recipe
From Garden to Table
Seasonal October Recipe: Featuring Pear
By Chef: Nathan Middleton | @natetasty
"The October harvested pear is a serious contender when it comes to compotes. When was the last time you cooked with pears? Get out there and cook with pears. Warm Camembert makes happy."
Chef Nathan Middleton | @natetasty
Zest of 1 Lemon
Juice of 1 Lemon
Honey 2.5 tbsp
Nutmeg x 1 pinch
Cinnamon x 1 pinch
Cardamon x 3 pods
Apple Cider Vinegar x 1.5 tsp
Salt x 1 pinch
Small wheel of Camembert cheese in a wooden container
Marjoram (for garnish)
- Place all the ingredients in a small pot. Stir, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the Camembert and place back in the bottom of the wooden container.
- Score the top of the cheese and place in the oven at 350F for 14min.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and place on a plate.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of the pear compote on top of the cheese.
- Garnish with marjoram.