how to make a fresh strawberry dutch baby
From Garden to Table
Seasonal May Recipe: Featuring Strawberries
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 3 eggs
- ½ c flour
- ½ c milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- bunch of fresh strawberries
- icing sugar for garnish
- Place the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides and then blend for another 10 seconds.
- Set batter aside to rest 20 to 25 minutes to allow time for the flour to absorb the liquid.
- Meanwhile, place a 10-12 inch ovensafe skillet on the middle rack of the oven and remove any racks above it. Heat the oven to 425°F.
- When ready to make the pancake, remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts and place it on top of the stove. Add the butter and swirl the pan to melt the butter and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter on top of the butter. Place the skillet in the oven for 20 mins.
- Turn the oven down to 300 and cook for another 5 mins or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, vanilla whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar.