how to make a spiced blood orange old fashioned
Ready to Chill
Seasonal Drink Recipes: Spiced Blood Orange Old Fashioned 🍊🥃
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 2 blood oranges, juiced (reserve zest ribbon for garnish)
- ½ a cup of sugar
- 1.5 oz of bourbon
- 4 tsp loose chai tea or 4 tea bags
- 2 cups of water
- Make the blood orange syrup by adding the blood orange juice and ½ a cup of sugar to a sauce pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for approx. 15 minutes.
- Strain and put aside to cool.
- Steep 4 tsp chai tea with 2 cups of water. Set aside to cool.
- In a rocks glass, add ice, syrup, tea, and bourbon.
- Stir and garnish with a blood orange zest ribbon.