basil pistachio pesto bucatini
From Garden to Table
Seasonal April Recipe: Featuring Basil
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ c pistachios, reserve some for garnish
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 c freshly parmesan cheese, some for garnish
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 oz dried bucatini
Clean the scallions by trimming the end. Then char on all sides by placing them directly on a hot griddle pan or barbecue. Remove from heat once lightly blackened and soft.
- In a food processor, pulse scallions, basil, pistachios and garlic until finely chopped.
- On low, add parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, and drizzle in extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss as much or as little of the pesto with freshly cooked pasta, adding a few tablespoons of pasta water to create a silky sauce. Garnish with fresh parmesan, cracked black pepper and chopped pistachios.
there are no comments yet. be the first one to post one!