how to make poached eggs in spicy curried tomatoes
From Garden to Table
Seasonal June Recipe: Featuring Tomatoes
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 6-8 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- In a slightly deep pan on medium low heat, saute onions, garlic and spices for approx. 5 mins or until onions are translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook until mixture is thick, approx 10 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Create little wells into the sauce using a spoon and carefully crack 1 whole egg into the well. Gently spoon the sauce around the eggs to contain the whites of the eggs. Repeat this step for however many eggs you use in this recipe. Add a little pinch of salt and pepper onto each egg.
- Once all the eggs are in, cover and cook the eggs for approx. 6-8 minutes or until the whites are fully cooked and the yolks are runny.
- In the meantime, slice the bread and toast on high. Rub a fresh garlic clove on the surface of the toast and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Once your eggs are cooked, carefully scoop 1 or 2 eggs with sauce onto the bread. Serve with fresh cilantro.
there are no comments yet. be the first one to post one!