From Garden to Table
Seasonal July Recipe: Featuring Fresh Peas & Mint
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
● ½ c arborio rice
● 3 c vegetable stock
● ½ onion, finely chopped
● 1 c fresh green peas
● 1 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
● 2 tbsp butter
● ¼ c chopped fresh mint + sprigs for garnish
● pea shoots for garnish
- In a large pan, melt the butter and sweat the onions for about 7 mins until soft. Meanwhile, simmer the vegetable stock in another saucepan.
- Add the rice into the onion mixture and toast the rice for approx 2 minutes. Ladle in the hot stock into the rice mixture and stir until all of the stock is absorbed in the rice. Repeat until rice is creamy. This should take approx. 25 mins.
- Add the peas, parmesan cheese, fresh mint, and salt and pepper.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese, pea shoots and fresh mint.