how to make a stout and cheddar fondue
From Garden to Table
Seasonal December Recipe: Featuring cheese, pickles, and stout beer
By Home Cook: Romina Valdivia | @itsrominoms
- 1 can (14.9oz) of Guinness or other stout beer
- 1 pound shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, about 3-4 cups
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- soft pretzel bites or a loaf of bread cut into cubes
- 1 jar of baby pickles or gherkins
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
In a fondue pot, start by making a rue by melting butter and flour. Constantly whisk until cooked and smooth, approx. 4 mins.
- Add the beer and spices and bring to a simmer.
- Then whisk the cheese in batches until smooth and thick. Keep warm.
- Serve with dippers of your choice such as bread, veggies, meats, etc.
there are no comments yet. be the first one to post one!